Saturday, March 13, 2010

What's new

When we got married Kevin's parents gave us this Corelle pattern as our wedding gift. A year later we bought our dining room set. 
I completed this cross-stitch. 

And it was good.  Everything was co-ordinated in shades of rust and neutrals throughout every room of our little house.  We lived in Alberta and loved they way everything represented the prairie wheat theme.

 Fast forward 26 years.  When I put the old Corelle into the new cupboards I realized how chipped and stained they were.  Then I realized they don't match much any more.  The living room furniture is at the dump.  The rust carpet is long gone.  The house is mostly greens and beiges and florals now.  So last week I went shopping.  I don't really like shopping.  It is a necessity not a hobby and I do it as fast and efficiently as I can.  I knew I wanted Corelle again because it is lightweight, durable and easy to find.  I like all the different accessories you can buy and the fact you can often get open stock to replace broken pieces.  I knew I wanted something more colorful - like fiestaware.  I looked at the department stores in town without success then I headed off  to the Corelle Factory Outlet at Cookstown Mall.  And this is our new Corelle!

And it is good again. 

3 comments:

SusanE said...

A nice change. I like them.

Cherylinn said...

Those dishes kick ass...I love them.

Fiddling Granny said...

Nice ... corelle lasts and lasts doesn't it? The patterns are so pretty. That one is very cheerful!