This is Tori's Christmas present. Due to kitchen renovations and sheer size of the cape I just finished it last week. It has 165 stitches per row so each row took about 15 minutes to knit. If you knit, you know patterns generally start at the bottom (for sweaters, hats etc) and at the top for socks. This is different. It was knit side to side. If you enlarge the picture, you may be able to see that. My girls have always loved capes or ponchos. I really liked them when they were little because they could put them on themselves and there were no buttons or zippers to fiddle with. I hope she enjoys this one and wears it in good health.
I have also been making diapers for a mission in Haiti. I was following their blog before the earthquake and when they asked for volunteers to make diapers I jumped at the chance. The sample they showed was very similar to diapers I designed and made for Connor so I had a pattern. I have limited access to supplies - I couldn't even get white flannel! Shown below are the finished pink diapers against the striped material I am still working on. The material cost roughly $20 and made 13 diapers. For the sewn in soaker pad I used terrycloth leftover from bathrobes I made years ago.