Thursday, March 11, 2010

First Bike Ride of the Season

It is 6 degrees and the snow is melting slowly so this morning Kevin and I went for a bike ride.  He figures we did about 18 km.  I don't know how long it took because I didn't look at my watch.  Actually I didn't even wear a watch.  I rode one of his bikes because mine is still in the loft and it felt pretty good.  My left knee was a bit sore riding but is fine now.  Even though I wore my bike shorts (with track pants over top) I know my butt will be sore for days.  Usually when I ride (and when I paddle) my hands start to tingle and I have to stop and stretch and flex several times.  For the first time in years I had no tingling!  Whether that is because his handlebars are in a different location or angle, or because I have been rebounding all winter and keeping up with regular massages and chiropractic appointments I don't know.  I don't actually care - as long as it lasts!

Connor has been out several times already.  He has been riding his new heavy-duty unicycle in the snow for weeks.  He gets some strange looks and comments.


6 comments:

Cherylinn said...

What a great day for cycling....Are there paved cycle paths in your area or do you ride the roads?

Lauras Garden said...

We ride the roads mostly. At this time of year they are still quiet. We can also use the ski trails when they are dry and that is fun.

SusanE said...

ew.. what I wouldn't give to go riding. It'll be a bit before I can get my bike to the highway yet. Well except that I'm taking it to California next week.

Lauras Garden said...

Sounds rough. I feel SO sorry for you having to bike in California.

Fiddling Granny said...

I haven't been yet .... the rail trail here would be good for it. Now that we're closer, it's do-able.

Fiddling Granny said...

Ah crap forgot to check the e-mail thingy.