Friday, February 26, 2010

What Bugs You?

I recently read a survey rating things that bug Americans. I am listing a few of the results from the most to least annoying.

Hidden Fees

Not getting a human on the phone

Tailgating

Waiting for repair people

Spam

Very slow drivers

Noisy neighbours

Poor Airline service

Checkout lines

Speeding drivers

Passwords and PINs

Inaccurate weather forecasts

I found it very interesting that what annoys me is almost the opposite.  I always read the small print so I have never been surprised by hidden fees.  I drive a big truck so if you want to tailgate go right ahead.  Your headlights won't bother me and if I brake suddenly, you'll get the worst of it.  Speeders upset me way more than slow drivers.  However, inaccurate weather forecasts upset me.  I guess that is because I work outside 3/4 of the year and need to be prepared for the elements.  I hate driving in snow so I would like accuracy in the winter too.  So what bugs you?  Do you think the results would be different if this survey had been done in Canada?  

5 comments:

SusanE said...

wow, I've never really given those things much thought. Or for that matter what bugs me. I'll have to ponder it.

oh, oh, I know. Sales people that don't call you back.

Fiddling Granny said...

What bugs me is people who have snowmobiles and ATV's and figure they can go wherever they want. If there is a fence, they simply cut it down, block it with a tree, go around it. It was a constant problem at where we used to live.

People littering, things like coffee cups and cigarette butts.

Takers. I figure that people are either givers or takers. I believe you should always try to give more than you take. Not everyone does that.

Lauras Garden said...

People littering really bugs me too and I hadn't thought of that. I don't like takers either. I am a giver but after a while you get tired of giving to the same people over and over.
I was waiting for you or Cheryl to comment on being annoyed by toilet paper hanging the "wrong way"

Fiddling Granny said...

Nope, if I go somewhere and see it the wrong way, I change it. Drives my friend Carolyn crazy!

Lauras Garden said...

I thought of another one! Wind chill. You know when they announce it is -1 with a wind chill of -3. Who actually can feel that difference? I can see announcing a significant difference like 10 degrees but announcing a 2 or 3 degree difference is ridiculous.