Thursday, January 22, 2009

A New Word

I went cross country skiing with Connor's class yesterday.  I skiied about 8 km, which is a lot for a first outing.  I ached all afternoon.  I didn't feel like cooking so last night the 5 of us went out for dinner at Boston Pizza to take advantage of their 10 for $10 deal.  The food was good and we took advantage of their little hand held devices to play games.  Tori (aka Pinky) aced them all.  There were questions about foreign currency and the periodic table among others.  While I remember the abbreviations for most of the elements I do not remember their corresponding number so I did not do well.  One of the words that was featured was stultify.  I thought it was an interesting word.  Here is a combined definition from a few sources.

Stultify (verb)

1. to make, or cause to appear, foolish or ridiculous.

2.To cause to appear stupid, inconsistent, or ridiculous.

I won't name any names, just let your minds wander.  Can you think of anyone who fits the profile of a stultifier?  (Hint: there are a few bloggers out there who entertain us with stories about falls or electrocution)  Now I don't want to offend anyone so I will also say how much I enjoy this renewed contact with everyone - I am glad Susan talked me into blogging.  You are all a special part of my day and I can't wait to see your entries each morning.

3 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

That's a word I'll be adding to my vocabulary! Thanks.

We're glad you've joined our blog circle. I thought you added a note of sanity, till I read that you even know about periodic tables, never mind remembering the abbreviations. ☺

SusanE said...

Well I can't imagine who you would be thinking of as a stultifier.

We have a child's place mat with the entire periodic table on it.... don't I look smart.....

Actually Laurence bought that one, I bought the map of Canada place mat. We were teaching Kaden the periodic table while he was up last summer.

He took to it right away. LOL

SusanE said...

oops, forgot to check subscribe and I want to make sure I catch all the comments.