Monday, February 2, 2009

Our weekend

Not very exciting but here it is anyway.

Saturday we went to Barrie because the guy supposed to tile the bathroom didn't show up.  We found a Maytag Clearance Centre in Barrie and bought an over the range microwave and narrowed the washer/dryer set down to 2.  I had done a lot of research on line but it helped to acutally see the model.  I had hoped to restock my aquarium but I am having trouble with the heater and until it stabilizes I can't.  I am very annoyed about that.  I bought the top of the line heater and I could have got the same results for 1/3 of the price buying a Wal-Mart heater.  Connor has to pay for his own shoes because he destroys them wearing them in puddles and snow when he should be wearing boots.  He was happy to find $9 skateboard shoes (reduced from $29) and bought 2 pairs - one the next size up.

After supper yesterday the five of us went skating at our outdoor rink (they flood our tennis courts).  There was a small family there when we got there but they left (we have that effect on people) and a couple arrived much later.  Most of the time we had the rink to ourselves.  Kevin and I skated sedately around the outer perimeter.  The "kids" (aged 13, 18 & 22) stayed in the middle, stole each others hats and played with pylons.  They fell down a lot.  Usually Tori refuses to go out in the winter so it was nice that we all got out together.  Caitlin found a mole running around on the path and spent a while trying to catch it.  Connor joined her and it was funny to watch their very unsuccessful attempts.

7 comments:

SusanE said...

Isn't it great. If you were paying for the shoes, chances are $9 ones would be wrong. When they pay, they're so much more practical.

I'd love to have seen pictures of the kids trying to catch the mole. Although I can imagine how funny it was.

Lauras Garden said...

When I first observed Caitlin picking up handfuls of snow and dropping them I asked her what she was doing. I thought she said "trying to catch a ball" I was like "how hard can it be to catch a ball?" It would have made a cute video but chances are the recording device would have been broken in the shenanigans afterwards.

Fiddling Granny said...

Sounds like you had a blast ... I thought moles hibernated, I guess not! ☺

Lauras Garden said...

I thought they hibernated too. Then Kevin pointed out what lawns look like in the spring if you have a mole problem. You can see all the tunnels they have dug all winter.

Country Girl said...

The mole would let us touch him, but if we tried to pick him up he jumped away

Fiddling Granny said...

That's cool that he let you touch him, I guess they do hibernate and he just came out for a pee! LOL

Country Girl said...

he was looking for food