Sunday, January 4, 2009

Party for Alec

I have been trying for a month to have Alec's friends over before he leaves.  Most of them aren't very good at replying to email so it made it rather difficult to plan.  Six of them and one girlfriend made it yesterday. The other 2 "girls" couldn't make it.   I guess they enjoyed themselves.  They sat around the table talking and snacking for hours then had dinner and watched a few movies.  The menu (while not as impressive as that served by CG & FG) was devoured.  I didn't go to a lot of trouble because a) they didn't reply so I didn't know who was coming and b) most college students aren't really fussy eaters.  Here it is for your edification anyway:

Tossed green salad

Cabbage Rolls (courtesy of M & M)

Teryaki Turkey Meatballs

Rice

Assorted cookies and bars

3 comments:

SusanE said...

Don't worry Laura, I rarely cook, let alone cook like FG & CG.

I'm sure they had a great time and they all loved the food.

Cherylinn said...

I'd say the menu was perfect. And knowing it all got consumed that says it all....

Fiddling Granny said...

I would have replied to the e-mail and I'd've come and helped eat it. Sounds really yummy!