Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Finally Counters

Here's a reminder of what our kitchen looked like six weeks ago.  

 

And this is what it looks like today.  


Picking the counter was the most difficult part of the renovation.  (We won't even talk about how difficult it was to get the installer into the house.)   The counter I originally picked was no longer available.  I picked a subsitute and the store told me it wasn't striking enough against white cabinets.  None of the neighbours and family I showed samples to liked my favourite.  But I went ahead with it anyway and I am thrilled with how well it matches the backsplash. See? 




Picking the sink was a breeze.  Because leaks from the last sink and faucet caused all the damage that made this renovation necessary we were thrilled to find a sink with a lip around it to prevent trouble in the future.  I didn't realize how much deeper it was until it was installed.  The stopper actually keeps water in the sink! I love it!  The faucet pulls out to be used as a sprayer. 


There is still a pantry to be installed to the right of the dishwasher and trim and the kick to be installed  but that all has to wait 5 weeks for Kevin to return.  But the end is in sight! 

5 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Looks fantastic.....Gotta love renovating. We have nothing left to do at the house or the cottage so we are waiting for Melissa and Andrew to move into their new place, we have been called upon to help with the reno of their basement.....OH YA!

SusanE said...

I love the counter. It looks good. Obviously you can see the finished product in your mind and like what you saw.

I like it too.

Lauras Garden said...

Connor thinks it looks like someone threw up on the counter.

Fiddling Granny said...

I think it looks really great. It's all well and fine for the store employees to comment on it, but they don't have to live with it. I'm glad you went with what you like.

Anonymous said...

I wont recognize it when I come home
CM