Saturday, February 23, 2008

Victoria's Room

In the summer Victoria moved into what used to be Caitlin's room. I didn't really want to repaint as Victoria will be going to university in a year and I would rather repaint it a colour of my choice after she is gone. But after Tori took off the horse border the walls were just boring white and of course full of holes and cover with map tac so I eventually relented. Last week I painted it. A big change from white as you can see but I actually don't mind it. Bright orange walls, lime green curtains and comforter (the comforter came with a matching teddy that is sitting on the ledge). There is still an alcove (that doesn't show in the pictures) to be painted. I'm thinking turquoise or lime green for contrast. In for a penny, in for a pound!







This is her Gone With the Wind Shrine. She is very retro. But not very clean.






3 comments:

SusanE said...

If you had told me you were going to paint it orange and lime green I would have thought it would be horrible. But it actually looks really nice. Good pick.

Fiddling Granny said...

Brings back thoughts of the sixties ... all it needs is "Flower Power" and "Make Love, Not War" painted in a graffiti style to make it really sixties.

Lauras Garden said...

She's more "Save the Children" or "Feed the World" but you're close. Her favourite place to shop is Value Village and I can pick what she will want by chosing the ugliest item in the store.