Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Dickinson, ND to Duluth, Minnesota

We were on the road for 12 hours and travelled close to 900 km again. The days are starting to blur now. The scenery isn't as stunning and we are almost done our audiotape so the last day will be very long.


We went to the National Buffalo Museum in Jamestown, ND. (Jamestown is also the birthplace of of Louis L'Amour and Peggy Lee). There are 3 rare albino bison there but I didn't get a good shot.

This pic is for my dad. More than 25 years ago my parents came to visit us in Edmonton. I took them to Elk Island where the buffalo roam free. Despite repeated warnings my dad insisted on getting out to get a better picture of a buffalo. Then I watched as he ran for my little Datsun 210 and folded himself back into the seat as the buffalo did not want a close up. Do you remember that Dad?
This was done with a chainsaw!
This picture was done on a bison hide.
The "feathers" are quite iridescent.
All being well, we enter the land of multi-coloured money and Tim Horton's tomorrow. Yippee!

Travel joke of the day
(because we have seen a LOT of cows in the last few days)
What happened when the cow jumped over the barbed wire fence?
It was an udder disaster.

2 comments:

Cherylinn said...

The first pic I thought it was snow.

Laura said...

Not yet thank goodness but that is part of why we aren't stopping as much as we normally would. Snow has been forecast several times. I hate driving in snow.