Thursday, February 3, 2011

What I've been up to - getting organized

When I started all the mittens I told you about in the last post I had an awful time finding and matching my double-pointed needles. Most of the plastic envelopes they come in had ripped and the needles were loose all over my craft shelf and stuck in pattern books. I figured there had to be a better way to store them so I started looking for cases in stores. Nada. I looked on line and found a few for sale but they were all over $60. So I found a few tutorials on needle rolls, some scrap material and bias tape (leftover from making aprons) and got to work.

Here are the raw materials.

And the finished product! It only took a few hours and I am pleased with the results.

When I am done, I fold down the upper half, roll it up and tie it. No more lost needles!


5 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Very Nice.....but where are the rest of the needles going?
I got annoyed because my needles were organized the same way as yours were so I sorted them all, put an elastic around the pairs and have them all in a rubbermaid now.....

Lauras Garden said...

I have a leather case for my regular needles. All my dk and circulars fit in the roll so they all have homes.

Cherylinn said...

That's awesome....So nice to have them all have a home, isn't it?

SusanE said...

are you interested in making one for money? I could use that.

Fiddling Granny said...

Nice job .... functional and attractive!