Saturday, February 19, 2011

Choose your Top 3

(subtitle: 500 Dynamic Discussion Starters to Get Your Teenagers Talking)

At supper, instead of asking "How was your day?" we ask a question from this handy little book.
The answers give us something to talk about and we gain perspective into each other's thoughts. Connor's friends seem to really enjoy it as well. Connor's friend Derek was around one night when they had to tell us their top 3 personal injury stories. Watching the two hardcore snowboarder/mountain bikers compare injuries was like that scene from one of the Lethal Weapons where Mel Gibson and Rene Russo show each other their scars.

Todays question: Choose your top 3 movies about high school

Careful - your answer may date you!

Tori - we missed your contribution to this discussion!

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

Grease
Footloose
The Breakfast club

(if we could pick TV, I would say Saved by the bell)

Laura said...

Connor shocked us with "Mean Girls" - he said it was the first one came to mind!

Cherylinn said...

wow.....you got me here. There is not a lot of movies that I would watch....Come on give me another topic...

SusanE said...

High School? We didn't go to the show in High School. It was too expensive. I think I only watched 3 movies (with the exception of "made for TV" movies) until I was in my 20s.

So I'm changing the rules and picking my three favourite movies (which probably are from my 20s or early 30s)

When Harry Met Sally
On Golden Pond
Swing Kids