Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sackville carvings

We spent the last day in Sackville exploring by bike. In one area of Sackville there are several beautiful wood carvings made from giant stumps of trees that had been cut down. If you enlarge the first picture you will see that the tree right behind the bitterns has orange lines drawn on the branches. It looks like they are going to do another carving. I love the perfect wood grain, especially on the ladies dress. Some people are so talented ... and patient.




4 comments:

Cherylinn said...

I love wood carvings....Funny you should mention that on my blog....I said to John we should get them carved. But we really didn't want them there. We have 6 more large trees to remove, I suggested it for coming up the lane way, but I doubt I will win that. We do have our totem pole, I won't push my luck.....LOL

Laura said...

I wish you luck. It would look beautiful having the driveway lined in carvings.

Fiddling Granny said...

They're great!

SusanE said...

Wow. that's amazing. The vision!