Monday, August 24, 2009

What is Blooming

My favourite time of year in the garden is spring.  Everything is so green and fresh and welcome after a long winter.  Fall is my second favourite.  It might not be technically fall yet but I thought I would share my late summer blooms.  

This is the first year I have planted gladiolus.  The plan was to bring them in the house as cut flowers to beautify the place.  But there really isn't room and I enjoy them outside because one of the spots they are growing is right outside the front door and I see them every time I come or go.  I have yellow 

and pink and white (and lime green)This is my hardy hibiscus "Kopper King".  The blooms are bigger than my hand.  It is probably the plant I get the most compliments and questions about.  People walking by ask me what it is.  It has only been blooming for a few days so I have lots to look forward to.


This is my limelight hydrangea.  It is absolutely covered with heavy blooms.   
All of these are in the gardens outside the front door.  Stay tuned for more blooms!  Blogger will only let me upload 4 or 5 pictures at a time so I will do another post (any ideas why?)

4 comments:

SusanE said...

Beautiful flowers. You have an amazing green thumb.

Cherylinn said...

Your flowers are amazing. I have two hibiscus and they have just come into bloom the past week and are loaded with buds.

I like fall because the nights are cooler, the days are pleasant and it has a really nice smell. I HATE summer and I like real spring, the slow gradual change, not the here's a few days not it's hot.....But I'm really looking forward to winter.

Fiddling Granny said...

Your flowers are stunning! This is definitely the best time of year ... the bugs are pretty much gone, beautiful days, cool evenings, and those pink glads!

Just click on the add pictures icon a second time and you'll can add five more.

Lauras Garden said...

Thanks for the advice FG. I will try that next time.