Saturday, April 28, 2012

We're on a Road Trip!

We just bought my Dad's Santa Fe and that left us with an extra vehicle.  The Escape is a 2003 with about 260,000 km but hopefully has a little life left in her.  If we kept it in our driveway when Connor gets his licence in a few months he would be considered the driver.  There is no way I am paying for a new almost 17 year old driver so we offered the vehicle to Tori.  She jumped at the chance after 3 years of being without a car at university.  And I was in the best position to accompany her back to Mount Alison where she will be working for the summer.  In October I drove from the West Coast to home with Caitlin, now I get to go to the east coast with Tori.  In 6 months and 2 days I will have seen both coasts of our incredible country.  That's a lot of miles for someone who rarely leaves town.

Observations from day one of our eastern adventure.
1.  I am very glad I do not live in Toronto.  I am very glad that my parents moved from there 43 years ago.
2.  I am very glad I do not live in Kingston.  We met friends there for lunch today.  There are way too many stop lights in Kingston.  They are not co-ordinated.  We had to stop at 9 out of 10.  That is not right.  And to make matters even worse, almost all of the traffic lights are at the top of hills.  The Escape is standard.  I hate stopping on a hill in heavy traffic.

We are in a motel in Cornwall which is virtually empty.  We went to the fitness room (has anyone ever been to a fitness room with operational equipment?) and the pool.  We ate supper in our room from our cooler.  Tori is a vegan so we had tuna and chickpea salad and granola bars.

On to Montreal.  I can hardly wait.


No comments: