Saturday, July 31, 2010

More Garden Discoveries

The picture doesn't do justice to this insect. He is actually quite golden and the red markings are very vivid (click for a better look). Unfortunately, I have no idea what it is - my best guess would be a leafhopper but I can't find any others that look like this little beauty.


This little frog was quite entertaining. He gulped and blinked and scratched the whole time we watched him. Note the impressive slime running from his neck to "hand", "paw" or whatever frogs have. Sometimes it is hard to work when there are so many entertaining things in the garden!


3 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

Nice pix ... the frog one is my fave.

Laura said...

Mine too. I wish I could get the video to load onto blogger.

SusanE said...

I like the frog too