Monday, October 12, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend - 2

After the corn maze, we went out to the pumpkin patch activities.  My parents and Jenna are having a duck race while Connor watches.  You use an old fashioned pump to race the rubber duckie down the chute.  Behind them is the catapault.  If you get your ball in a hole you win a free pumpkin.  My mom was the only one to get it in but she did it on her practice shot so it didn't count. The lady at the catapault had an interesting hat.  You can see it better if you click on the picture to enlarge it.Myself, Kevin and Connor racing while Amber cheers us on.  The mini-golf is behind us.

 

If you find a fake pumpkin hiding in the field you get a real one free.  Guess who was the only one to find one?  I was the only one last year as well - I found 2 last year.  They are very realistic replicas.  They are just a little shinier than a real pumpkin and have a seam on the bottom.  They come in all shapes and sizes. That is the fake I am holding.
Then we came back to our house where Alec had been tending the turkey all afternoon.  These pictures are proof that turkey contains tryptophan, which causes people to be very drowsy, even in a room full of people. 


Leanne had a headache (hence the sunglasses and ice wrap).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not one drop spilled.

Kevin M
(every time I submit a comment from our old family email - it posts it under Laura's name for some strange reason)

Cherylinn said...

That hat is wicked, I love it.

If you look closely at Kevin's shirt you can see two spills?

Anonymous said...

The two stains came about when I was carving the two birds. I asked for an apron and received none. So I looked and found none. If it does not come out - I get to buy a third Canoe Algonquin T-Shirt next summer.

KM

Lauras Garden said...

I knew you would like the hat and yes you can see two spills. I think that was from walking with the tea, not sleeping with it.

Fiddling Granny said...

Kevin, you have to sign her out and yourself in ... oh, and you should wear a bib! LOL