Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Is it too early?

I got my first Christmas card today.

What do you think of that?

I admit I have placed a few "mail" orders for Christmas items but I think it is a little early for cards.  I haven't opened it yet but it is from a neighbour - the same neighbour who was first with cards last year and she confirmed that is what it is.  She told me she has 180 cards to go.  If I do open it will I feel that I need to start baking and buying and wrapping right away?  Will I want to get my own cards out before Hallowe'en?  If ignore it for a few weeks am I being a scrooge?  I will confess that last year I updated our Christmas letter regularly through the year so it was ready to mail in December with minimal work but that was a first.  I am just not ready to think much about Christmas for another month.

What about the rest of you?

2 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Ok, that's early...I'd leave it until mid November.

Fiddling Granny said...

Way too soon! I'd hang on to it until closer to the actual event.