Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Connor has been busy

Two weeks ago Kevin and Connor went to Palmer's Rapids for whitewater canoeing.  This past weekend Kevin took Connor and his nephew Dalton back to Palmer's for a whitewater kayaking course.  Here are some pictures from the weekend.




So Connor listed career choices at grad as kayak instructor or mechanic.  He may be well on his way.  He takes kayaking at summer camp and also takes canoeing and kayaking courses independently.  He has Level 1 and 2 kayaking from camp, ORCKA flatwater solo and tandem canoeing and River Runner Solo.  The whitewater course was not certifiable but considered the best introduction in the industry.  He bought his own kayak several years ago and now wants to upgrade to a high performance whitewater kayak.  He sure is my little daredevil - they called him Mr. Fearless at the course.

3 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Yes Connor, that is awesome...I'd be terrified of the whitewater.

SusanE said...

Great photos. I'm impressed. I don't think I'd like that much whitewater either.

Good for Connor.

Fiddling Granny said...

I can see a young guy that!