Thursday, March 5, 2009

SDM and SKI

A few days ago a friend called and asked if I would be interested in helping a team re-merchandise the hair care section at a large pharmacy chain.  I haven't done merchandising since I helped in the renovations at our local HH 5 years ago but the money was good and I had no other plans so I said yes.  We were at SDM from 9 am until 8:15 so it was a long day.  At HH I worked 7 to 7 and that seemed shorter.  By the time I picked up groceries, drove home and ate supper it was bed time.  We have one more store to do on Monday.  Caitlin is going to come too so we should be done earlier.  I do not spend a lot of time on clothes and makeup and very limited time on my hair.  I found a few shampoos that smelled really good and was amazed to find out that they now have colour specific hair spray.  

Today was the last ski day with Connor's school.  The trails were icy and patchy.  I hate it when you are skiing along and suddenly the snow changes and you come to a standstill.  They have races at the end of the last day.  Today's prizes were fruit - kiwis for the relay winners and 3rd place individuals - mangos for 2nd individuals and the first place girl got a watermelon, the boy got a pineapple.  And no one had a camera!  Then the kids walked back to the school - 2 or 3 blocks.  I would love to hear what the people say looking out their windows as the kids parade by with their produce.

Between bending and stretching and climbing stepstools yesterday and skiing today my thighs are sore today.  You know you get reminded of those activities every time you get up from a sitting positionl

3 comments:

Cherylinn said...

You're going to have buns of steal...

SusanE said...

I think keeping it in line with the produce theme we should go with melons of steel. hmmm but maybe that really doesn't work.

Mangos of steel?

ah never mind.

Fiddling Granny said...

I kind of like the feeling of muscles that are sore from having been over-worked after skiing. I usually end up going too far so they aren't just a bit sore, I can't go up or down stairs, never mind get out of a chair. Sounds like you're smarter than me ...