Saturday, March 21, 2009

End of March Break




This afternoon Kevin, Connor and I went to a sugar bush owned by a friend of Kevin's from the photo club.  I learned a lot!  Way more than when we went to a public sugar bush display years ago.  Here are some random pictures that I took.  Kevin didn't even leave the fire.  He apparently has lots of fire and bubbling sap pictures but that bores me.  I like exploring more.

At the end of the day Connor and I helped them empty the pails.  He has wanted to move to the country for years so he can have chickens.  Now he wants chickens and a sugar bush (and an area he can do stunts on his bike and shoot airsoft and maybe a dogsled team and a pond and .....)

6 comments:

Cherylinn said...

And his list will continue to grow.
That was a fast week wasn't it?

SusanE said...

Did you get to bring home syrup?

Connor sounds like me.

Lauras Garden said...

March Break went very fast and we didn't leave the house much. We weren't offered any syrup. That was just fine because it was dark and I prefer light. It was a great way to spend an afternoon.

Fiddling Granny said...

We (the Mister & Gpermainly) boiled this past weekend. They've now perfected the evaporator to a point that they can't think of any improvements. They did 100 litres of sap in 10 hours .. results. 2.5 litres of maple syrup and a heck of a lot of "cool"!

Lauras Garden said...

I have been eagerly awaiting your tales of maple syrup season. It seems like an awful lot of work for 2.5 litres!

Fiddling Granny said...

NOt to worry, although the maple syrup season may be just about dojne down there, here it's just beginning, the trees stopped for a few days, now they're back at it. We'll be boiling before the weekend, I'm pretty sure. We still have snow too.