Sunday, June 15, 2008

Connor and his unicycle

We bought Connor a unicycle for Christmas 2006. He had asked for one and I would much rather encourage a physical activity than say Nintendo so that was his big present. He tried unicycling along the deck railing and down the halls Christmas day but really hasn't tried since. Well, he got himself grounded (a regular occurrence) for not calling us and leaving the house when we were in Peterborough at Alec's convocation. For an hour and a half we had no idea where he was and there really wasn't much we could do since we were 2 1/2 hours away. So he was really bored this weekend at home and pulled out the unicycle. He can go pretty far now after only 3 or 4 days of practice. He came with me when I walked the dogs tonight - about 4 or 5 blocks. He built a teeter-totter out of a brick and a piece of plywood at the construction down the road and practiced on that too. Next stop - a circus!

3 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

Wow! That is so cool ... I would love to try that!

SusanE said...

Wow. very good. I'm impressed.

Cherylinn said...

I'd say I'd love to try it...but I'd be scared.