Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blast from the Past

One of my clients has a special treasure.

I knew Connor would enjoy seeing his treasure so I arranged a trip.

George bought this 1931 Model A Ford Coach in 1946 when he was 16 years old for $250. I find it amazing that he has owned a vehicle for 65 years! And I was surprised to find that it is all the original parts!

It is a little dusty but George has dialysis 3 times a week and is on oxygen so he doesn't have the energy to care for it like he used to. However the woodwork still gleamed.
Reminds me of a mini van.

The guys tried to crank the engine and are very glad we don't have to do that now. I am not sure who enjoyed the evening more us or George. He enjoyed showing us his baby and learning about our tandem bicycle that we rode over. And we learned a lot!

3 comments:

Cherylinn said...

That is one awesome car...

Fiddling Granny said...

Really nice! Imagine owning a car for that long?!?

SusanE said...

she's a beauty. Bet as much as you enjoyed the visit, he enjoyed showing of his girl more.