Monday, January 24, 2011

Quote 3

The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it ... Epicurus
(Greek philosopher born 341 BC)

This quote is relevant today because I am training for a new job as a supermarket food demonstrator to tide me over until the gardening season starts. They use a well known company for their secured operating system and it is a nightmare to get used to. Parts of the system don't operate in Google Chrome, only in Explorer so I am running into lots of glitches because I keep forgetting to switch. The company has just hired 4000 people as they are taking over sampling at a major chain and getting issues resolved is quite time consuming and extremely frustrating. I have just submitted my first timecard (with tech help). I feel quite victorious after completing the online training and timecard submission.

5 comments:

Armin said...

Congrats! How is the job going? Something you'll enjoy for a while?

Lauras Garden said...

The original plan was to garden in the morning part-time, privately then go to food demonstrating. Less work and responsibility in the summer and something year round. However, I am very frustrated with the company - long story - come for a visit and we can talk - so it is a day to day thing right now.

SusanE said...

Hope it goes well for you. What store will you be working at?

Laura said...

Mostly - maybe only - the Superstore in town.

Fiddling Granny said...

Sounds kinda fun!