Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring is Here

My amaryllis looks stunning on the front window sill.

Spring is my favourite time of year in the garden. After a monotone white winter and a dismal, dirty grey thaw I really look forward to the bright colours of spring. The forsythia is such a sunny sight (and remember if you are using corn gluten meal as a weed inhibitor it should be spread while the forsythia is blooming).

I have lots of spring bulbs but it has been so windy it was difficult to get more good shots.

Even the rhubarb is colorful!

I hope you are enjoying spring too!

2 comments:

Cherylinn said...

As much as I love your pics of flowers, I still don't like spring....I like summer even less and look forward to when the snow returns.

Fiddling Granny said...

Lovely pix ... sorry, late summer and autumn does it for me. Dramatic colours and NO BUGS!!

I thought seriously about having a vegetable garden .... but I always have the same issue. I want to want to garden. It seems like a peaceful pastime. I just don't want to. I wish I did.