Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jetsetters

In January Kevin flew out to Vancouver and flew back in March.
Caitlin flew in from Vancouver March 20 and flew back March 28 (left the house at 3 am).
March 29 and 30 we spent in Kingston for Alec's grad. He came home for Easter and left this morning (at 4 am) to fly out to Edmonton to look for an apartment.
In two weeks Tori flies in from New Brunswick for an undetermined stay.
I haven't gone anywhere but I think I have jet lag. All the visitors (and visiting), late nights and early mornings are taking its toll.
My truck is tired too. In the summer I put on about 300 km a week and fill up once. In the winter I can go weeks or even a month without needing to fill up. In the last few weeks we have travelled to Toronto, Newmarket, Collingwood, Barrie, Collingwood, Newmarket, Alliston, Kingston and Newmarket and have been filling up 3 times a week.
I am nonetheless enjoying all this family time. I know pretty soon I will be a bored empty nester.



3 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

Wow youse guys sure are busy!! I lead a boring life in comparison.

SusanE said...

Maybe some year you should come down here for a vacation... Stay with us.

Cherylinn said...

Nothing beats an active lifestyle. There is never time for empty nesting.