Saturday, September 12, 2009

A special day

Today Kevin and I went out for my birthday lunch.

We left the house at 6:40. Yes - 6:40 a.m.

We drove for 2 hours and got on a small cruise boat in Parry Sound. I thought it was really interesting that the Chippewa spent the first 35 years of service as a "Maid of the Mist". She has been sailing Georgian Bay for the last 14 years.

We traversed the waterways of Georgian Bay for 2 more hours and arrived at Henry's Fish Restaurant about 11:00. It is world famous. People fly in and boat in to enjoy the fresh fish. I had the pan fried pickerel and Kevin had the deep fried pickerel. Both meals came with fries (or rice), coleslaw and baked beans. I had a super runny butter tart for dessert. The meals were good - not as good as I expected after all the hype - but all in all it was a great day. The weather was perfect. I wanted a memorable birthday and I got it.



There are lots of other day and dinner cruises offered on Georgian Bay and Lake Simcoe so we are already thinking about our next trip.

3 comments:

SusanE said...

Looks like you had fun. I hope you do more of that. Life with fewer kids is fun. (Not that it wasn't with lots of kids, just very different now.)

Cherylinn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA...You certainly did have a perfect day.

Fiddling Granny said...

Sounds like a lovely way to spend your birthday.