Sunday, May 31, 2009

Connor's New Toy

Connor has wanted a reel mower for a long time.  He has been pricing them out at all the stores for months.  Canadian Tire was kind enough to have a sale this week so I picked one up Friday.  We didn't have a chance to put it together until Saturday night.  Connor and his cousin Dalton assembled it quickly then went out to mow at 9:30.  Yes, it was dark but they had a great time.  This morning the lawn looked better than I expected considering they couldn't see what they were doing.  Our ditches are quite steep, though the in the picture below, it doesn't look like it.  The steepness is one of the big reasons he wanted the new mower - it is hard to handle the gas mower on the slope.

 

My parents came for the weekend.  My dad wanted to get in on  the action too.



My parents came up Friday (I had Friday off - yippee!).  Friday night we went to Connor's school for "Are you Smarter than a Birchview Blazer"  (You can figure out which game show it is based on)  Prominent community members (the mayor, scout leader, fireman etc) are asked random questions from grade 1 to 8 and pitted against children from that grade).  The audience gets clickers and can participate.  It was great fun.  Saturday Connor and Kevin went on a day canoe trip.  Today was church, lunch at Harvey's (we got free coupons Friday night) and they have gone home.

6 comments:

Cherylinn said...

If Connor would like to come here he can cut our grass for us. Just a thought....And I'm sure it was a wonderful weekend. Sounds like you guys has a great time.

Lauras Garden said...

I am sure Connor would love to come do your grass - would you like to renovate our kitchen in return?

Fiddling Granny said...

Isn't it funny, usually kids want the riding lawn mowers. Good for him.

Lauras Garden said...

He would love a riding mower but there was no way he was getting one. Our lot is big but not that big! And there are two many gates and other obstacles.

Cherylinn said...

I'm not too sure about the trade off that one will require some pondering....
Obstacles are the most fun of all.

SusanE said...

I have the same lawn mower. I hate gasoline mowers, they never work well. This style always works so long as I can walk.