Sunday, May 3, 2009

Busy Weekend

We finally got a new washer!  We have been without one for four months so it is definitely a big thing.  Isn't she a beauty? She is so much quieter and water and energy efficient.  You can delay your laundry up to 9 hours.  She makes cute little chime noises and plays a song at the end of the cycle.  It does take longer than our old washer - up to 75 minutes depending on your cycle choice but so far we love it.  We hope to get the matching dryer but will have to order it as we want a gas dryer again.

Kevin was busy this week replacing the rotting wood on the raised vegetable beds.  We picked up a load of soil and filled the boxes.  You can see the rhubarb up in the front bed.  The next bed is asparagus but we covered up the stalks with fresh soil so you can't see them any more.  The other beds are waiting for planting.  There are 6 beds though only 4 show in the picture.  The larger structure is the compost bins. 

9 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

Your rhubarb is huge already ... I'm thinking strawberry-rhubarb jam ... drool!

Cherylinn said...

Wendy I want some....oh you weren't offering to make it for Laura and I...
Guess you're really going to enjoy laundry now.

SusanE said...

She's a beauty. I'm sure you enjoyed your time at the laundromat but I'm sure you're really glad to be doing it at home again.

I want some jam too.

Fiddling Granny said...

Sounds like I better make a big batch!

Fortunately one of our neighbours has lots of rhubarb and he said "Just take the stuff, I'm not gonna use it. Don't bother asking."

Cool ... another couple of weeks and I should be able to grab some.

Lauras Garden said...

FG - Are you delivering the jam in person? How thoughtful.

Cherylinn said...

That is very kind of her isn't is....First she makes it and then delivers it.....

Fiddling Granny said...

That would be a really nice thing for me to do ...

When it comes to finding time for things like that, I'm in a bit of a "jam"

Kris said...

Mmmm...rhubarb!!
What brand of washer did you get? Mine is going to bite the dust anytime now and I should be researching new ones!

Lauras Garden said...

Oops, Kris I haven't checked in a while. It's the Amana 7200. It was quite the experience doing it after using the same old washer for years. Front-load or top-load? Low initial outlay or low operating costs? Do we buy the matching dryer even though the old one works? Good to hear from you again.