Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The most common question

As a gardener, the most common question I get asked is "What do you do in the winter?"
The answer "I keep very busy".
In no particular order are some of my winter activities.
I find the horizontal surfaces in my house buried under months of debris and dust.
I straighten out our neglected finances.  This is my first year of self-employment so I will have lots of extra paperwork.  But business was better than I had hoped so I am not complaining.
I actually sit down at night and watch tv.  Some years I have gone 8 months without turning the tv on.
I knit.
I cook better meals.  And lots of baking (which I really don't need to eat)
I rescue Connor and his new jeep.
I do puzzles.  This one was harder than I expected.


I take in young German girls on work visas whose accomodations didn't work out.  That leads to more cooking. 
I sew.
I rescue Connor and his jeep again.
Usually I shovel lots of snow.  But this year is amazingly warm.
And this year - I am excited to be getting ready for my trip to San Antonio with my mom and sisters.
Stay tuned!

No comments: