Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Treasures - part 2

This is the oldest picture we found.  My grandmother (my mom's mom) was born in 1906 so this picture is close to a century old!
I don't know the date this picture was taken but it shows both of my mom's parents.  My grandfather died when I was only 2 so I don't really remember him but I adored my Granny.
This is my mom and her brother Ed visiting you know who.  This was likely taken in the early 1940s.

And my mom and her baby sister Faith - likely mid to late 40s.  I laughed when I saw this one.  My mom does not like horses now!
My mom and her sister Norma.  An old family friend commented at my Dad's funeral that my mom and Norma were always fashionable in their Rose Marie Reid and Jantzen bathing suits. She hadn't seen this picture. What do you think?

4 comments:

Cherylinn said...

Can you imagine wearing a bathing suite like that at the beach now. Just imagine the looks you'd get.

You guys are coming up with some fantastic pics. That first picture is amazing to have.

All these treasures that have been tucked away.

Cherylinn said...

The picture with your mum and Uncle with Santa....I enlarged it and wow do I ever see Linda when she was a youngster.

Laura said...

There is a family portrait on my parents wall. My mom, Tori and I are all lined up vertically and there is a lot of similarity between the 3 of us too. You can definitely tell we are all related!

Fiddling Granny said...

Great pix!!!