Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Garden Tour - Larkwhistle

About a month ago I did a gardening talk for one of the senior's groups in town. When I found out they were going on a garden tour to Larkwhistle I begged to be allowed to go as well. Since they had room on the bus, I got to go. Larkwhistle is owned by Patrick Lima and John Scanlan. I have wanted to go there for many years. If you like gardening look for their book The Art of Perennial Gardening - it is very inspiring. I took a record number of pictures. Here are a few.

An opium poppy

A yellow flower.
A close up of spiny sea holly

Two different kinds of hybrid mullein. They are a relative of those tall yellow weeds common in southern Ontario but these ones are much prettier and don't spread.


Keep going - there are two more posts.

2 comments:

Fiddling Granny said...

The pictures are all beautiful!

Laura said...

I was very happy with the pictures. These ones were taken with my camera. The ones for Keppel Croft were taken with Kevin's. Mine has been acting up and I didn't want to be stuck with no camera. I am looking for a new one. Most of my photography is outdoors so it has to be tough.