Monday, December 14, 2009

What is your favourite Christmas movie?

Kevin's is undoubtedly National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.  I think we have watched it every Christmas but one for the last 26 years.  It is hilarious but I want to watch some other favourites this year.

We saw Joyeux Noel a few years ago.  It is definitely not a laughing movie but a wonderful, thoughtful movie to celebrate the season of love and giving.

I enjoyed The Nativity Story when it came out several years ago.  I thought it was an excellent recreation of Jesus' birth and we will be watching it again this year.  

Last year Connor and I listened to an book on tape when he was recovering from his tonsillectomy.  We both really enjoyed Christmas in Canaan and were excited to hear it was being made into a movie this year.  It was only released a few days ago.  If the movie is anything like the book/tape it will be well worth looking for.  It was co-written by Kenny Rogers and stars Billy Ray Cyrus.

So what are you going to watch this holiday season?

8 comments:

Cherylinn said...

We also watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation every year. But our most favourite of all is Badder Santa....Billy Bob Thornton plays the perfect drunken Santa....I sure wouldn't recommend for a nice family Christmas Movie.....Adult ONLY! John Ritter and Bernie Mac are terrific.

Fiddling Granny said...

A Christmas Carol ... the old one with Alastair Sim ... the real one. We'll watch it and say all the good lines with him. Now that's Christmas.

Pam, TJ, Nathan and Jordan said...

I like the movie White Christmas. TJ can't stand it & thinks I'm a loser but hey...I like it! I grew up watching it every Christmas Eve but now I have to really bug to have him watch it with me & I rarely win...lol

Of course National Lampoon's is a must as well as The Grinch (old one & new one)

Cherylinn said...

Oh Yes Pam the origional "Grincb" we watched that one last night....

Lauras Garden said...

I an surprised that nobody said A Wonderful Life - isn't it supposed to be a classic Christmas movie? I have still never seen the whole movie. I always seem to be passing the tv at the same part and I have seen that much 3 times. My sister-in-law's family Christmas movie is The Sound of Music.

Cherylinn said...

I've never heard of the movie A Wonderful Life....

Lauras Garden said...

Sorry "It's a Wonderful Life" is a 1946 Jimmy Stewart movie.

River Bolden said...

"Joyeux Noël"

film about the World War I Christmas truce of December 1914.

-RB