Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hair Cut

Yesterday I got my hair cut - not trimmed - cut. For years my hair has been midway down my back. Most often it is braided or in a bun to keep it out of food or out of my eyes while gardening. It now rests on my shoulders - I probably had about 5 inches taken off. In addition to length, the rest of an old perm is gone so it is now mostly straight. My hairdresser kept saying things like "Oh wait till they see it". I replied that no one would even notice. When Victoria was a baby we were warned that the chlorine was off in the pool and I should rinse her hair really well because she was so blonde. Well, I rinsed hers, but mine was in a braid and I didn't take it out to rinse it. We went camping after swimming lessons and I didn't get a look in a mirror for 2 days. Then I asked Kevin if my hair had been green all weekend. To which he replied "Is your hair green?" So a day and a half has passed and the only one to comment was my boss - she liked it. So I am wondering if everyone noticed and just didn't know what to say so they didn't say anything or have they really not noticed?

2 comments:

SusanE said...

I would have noticed.

I can't believe you cut it, you always have had such beautiful hair. I've always envied you.

Of course I'm sure it's just as beautiful now as it was before.

Please have someone take a picture (your boss if necessary) and send it to me.

Fiddling Granny said...

They didn't notice because they're looking into your eyes, enraptured by every word you say!! They're so inspired by your wisdom they are awestruck. Yes, you are the mother, the wise woman, who effortlessly runs the household and they all worship the ground you walk on.

Haircut? Trivial! :-)